Thursday 11 March 2010

Has it really been that long?

Ok I can't quite believe it has been 2 weeks since I last posted a blog entry, my bad. In my defence I have been busy with many things. I've been reading and writing essays for uni. I've started work on a new sci-fi short story but I'm not sure where it's going so it's kind of stalled for a little bit which isn't brilliant, but it'll get written somehow! I still need to get someone to read over the Steampunk short story I wrote before I submit that anywhere to try and sell it. My girlfriend has been laid up in bed ill for the better part of a week and it has also been her birthday so all that's been keeping me busy.
So long story short, sorry for lack of updates it won't happen again.

Now then, onto the present!
Today is a Thursday, and what this means is that tonight is another Steampunk get together, we're having a general crafting/chatting/drinking session this evening which ought to prove fun and with any luck I should come away from it with a nicely painted ray-gun. Which to my shame would be the first truly steampunk piece of costume I'd own, I don't even have a pair of goggles yet, something that will be correctly shortly no doubt!
This week has also seen me sign up once more for Script Frenzy, an online writing challenge whereby the aim is to write 100 pages of script in 30 days, I'm either going to be scripting an episode or two of a Steampunk infused film noir style detective show or I'll be writing a 1950s style sci-fi movie. I've yet to decide but I'll keep you posted on that as it occurs, kick off for writing is April 1st.

That's all for now, expect a new post in a day or two I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment