Monday 15 March 2010

Reading Lists

I don't have a great deal to talk about today, not much has happened to me since the last post other than watching an episode of Lark Rise to Candleford and a new RPG campaign I'm partaking in called Tube-trains and Trolls starting. I don't have much going on today either, other than a screening of the Polish film 'Interrogation' for Comparative Literature in the late afternoon/early evening.

In the absence of things to discuss I figured you might like to know what I'm going to be reading over the few couple of weeks. I presently have 2 piles of books that I'm reading through, 'Uni pile' and 'Pleasure pile'. I'm going to be aiming at reading 100 pages of a book from each pile every day (so a total of 200 pages a day).

Uni pile
  • 'Orlando' by Virginia Woolf
  • 'The Complete Dramatic Works' by Samuel Beckett (I'll be reading 'Waiting for Godot', 'Not I', 'Krapp's Last Tape' and 'Catastrophe' from this collection.)
  • 'The Human Stain' by Philip Roth
  • 'Great Expectations' by Charles Dickens
  • 'Jane Eyre' by Charlotte Bronte
Pleasure pile
  • 'Journey to the Centre of the Earth' by Jules Verne
  • 'Emma' by Jane Austen
  • 'The Jewels of Aptor' by Samuel R Delany
  • 'For Your Eyes Only' by Ian Fleming
  • 'The Great Starship Race' by Diane Carey
Once these piles are complete (If all goes to plan I should finish both piles at roughly the same time, although I may get through the Pleasure pile a bit faster in which case I'll read 200 pages a day of the Uni pile until it's complete) I shall form another Pleasure pile and the Uni pile will be replaced with books and essays analysing and criticising the books I've read this semester. Fun stuff eh?

I'll leave you all for now to get on with this reading! Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. I dream of having time to read 100 pages a day, you lucky thing! I had to read Emma as part of my uni pile (in the distant past) but it is now an established part of my pleasure pile. Happy reading, and happy writing.
    countrymouse.

    ReplyDelete